AT PILOT CAST SYSTEM
Almec Tech Pilot Cast System is dedicated to slab casting process automation. It is designed to manage the process of filling and maintaining level inside the moulds in total safety , thanks to automation technology
How is made?
- a steel structure easy and safe to maintaine, to manovre and lift;
- high precision double lasers, installed on each mould;
- actuator device that regulates the flow between the distribution launder and the mould;
- roll bar for mould protection;
- starting pneumatic dam;
The Electrical Panel:
- control panel and software possible to be interfaced with the casting machine software. It manages commands, safety and filling patterns.
The advantages of the involvement of AT Pilot Cast are:
- Filling the mould in start-up phase, according to the alloy recipe, ensuring repeatability of the operations;
- Maintaining the desired level in the mould during casting;
- End casting with automatic stop and empting launder.
- Getting notified of faults and anomalies of the aluminium level in mould;
- Interrupt automatically the casting in case of abort cast/black out, by closing spout/pin.
The Pilot Cast System introduce continuous cross controls and automatic emergency sequences, raising all operations to safety level.